mLearn 2012: Call for Workshops and Tutorials
Together with Christian Glahn and Gill Clough, I’m co-chairing the workshops & tutorials at mLearn 2012. Looking forward to your proposals!
Call for Workshops and Tutorials
Mobile technologies are a vibrantly developing and constantly create new challenges for education and learning in a wide range of contexts and settings. In conjunction with the 11th International Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (mLearn 2012) in Helsinki, Finland we are delighted to announce the unique opportunity for holding a limited number of scientific workshops and practice-oriented tutorials on mobile and contextual learning. This provides a forum for special interest groups to exchange experiences and for experts disseminate best practices in the community of mobile and contextual learning.
Parties interested to organize a workshop are asked to submit a proposal of max. 3 pages outlining the theme of the workshop, workshop format, expected participants and domains addressed, dissemination activities, programme committee, and organizational requirements.
Parties interested to organize a tutorial are asked to submit a 2-page proposal that outlines the tutorial’s objectives, the target audience, and the format.
Both workshops and tutorials are organized as half- or full-day events on the day before the conference. Submissions for workshops and tutorials need to indicate if they are planned for a half or a full-day time-slot.
All submissions will be evaluated and selected based on their quality and the relation to the overall conference theme.
Workshop and tutorial organizers and participants are expected to register with the mLearn 2012 conference. No extra charges will be applied for the workshops.
The mLearn 2012 Workshop and Tutorial Chairs
- Christian Glahn (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland)
- Yishay Mor (The Open University, UK)
- Gill Clough (The Open University, UK)
- Workshop Proposals: Max. 3 Pages
- Tutorial Proposals: Max. 2 Pages
- Full Call for Papers available for download
- Submission template available for download
- Deadline for Submissions: 30 April 2012
- Notification of acceptance: 14 May 2012
- Last date of early-bird registration: 26 July 2012
- Workshop and Tutorials day: 16 October 2012
- Main Conference: 17-18 October 2012
No comments yet.